Last updated: May 10, 2023
Coverage provided by this program covers the parcel or freight and its contents from all risks of physical loss or damage from any external cause (subject to the exclusions listed below) while in transit. All parcels or freight that are covered by this program will be shipped in strict accordance with all regulations of the Carrier. Shipments must originate from the United States of America. Coverage is only provided for shipments through commercial parcel or freight companies. Inbound shipments are not covered by this program.
The following terms have specific meanings and appear in boldface type throughout this program:
- Carrier means the company that is transporting the parcel or freight covered by this program.
- Freight means packages or shipments transported through commercial freight Carriers.
- Insured means the Shipper(s), individual(s), or companies who have elected to purchase insurance through this program.
- Parcel means packages or shipments transported through parcel carriers.
- Total Insured Value means the total value of the item(s) declared for insurance coverage. Includes the Carrier provided coverage if any.
This insurance covers up to $10,000.00 per package for non-USPS First-Class mail shipments and $999.99 for USPS First-Class mail shipments. The coverage is also limited to $5,000.00 for USPS Priority Mail International shipments (non- Priority Mail Express International).
Pay special attention to the following coverage exclusions and conditions:
All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of, released to the shipping carrier, or returned to the seller before a claim is completed. Failure to comply can result in the denial of the claim.
During the claims process, a claim statement/affidavit signed by the recipient (or intended recipient) will be required. This is a form document provided by Shipsurance that allows the recipient (or intended recipient) to indicate loss or damage
This program does not provide coverage for the following:
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel or freight and the contents when it is obtained by trick, false pretense, or other fraudulent schemes.
- Loss, damage, shortage arising out of loss of market, delay, loss of use, clean-up costs, decay, inherent vice, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against or changes in temperature or humidity.
War Exclusion, Atomic and Nuclear Exclusion:
In no case shall this program cover loss damage or expense caused by:
- War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or civil strife arising from, or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power;
- Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment (piracy excepted), and the consequences of or any attempt of;
- Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs, or other derelict weapons of war. In no case shall this program cover loss damage or expense arising from the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission, fusion, or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- Mechanical and Electrical Derangement or Mechanical Breakdown - Loss of or damage due to mechanical, electrical, electronic derangement or refrigerated breakdown unless there is evidence of external damage to the parcel or its packaging. Data files and installed computer programs are not covered for erasure, corruption, or loss.
- American Institute of Marine Underwriters Extended Radioactive Contamination Exclusion clause.
- American Institute of Marine Underwriters Chemical, Biological, Bio-Chemical, Electromagnetic, and Cyber Weapons Exclusion clause.
This program does not apply to any damage, expense, cost, loss, liability, or legal obligation arising out of or in any way related to pollution, however, caused.
Pollution includes the actual, alleged or potential presence in or introduction into the environment of any substance if such substance has or is alleged to have, the effect of making the environment impure, harmful, or dangerous. The environment includes any air, land, structure, or the air therein, watercourse, or water, including underground water. We will have no duty to defend any suit arising out of or in any way related to pollution.
The Insured agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD VIP BARBER SUPPLY from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees that they may incur due to misreading, misunderstanding, and not following the coverage requirements provided by this program and any applicable endorsements.
All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of or released to the carrier before a claim is completed as photographs will be required. Failure to comply will result in the denial of the claim due to insufficient packing.
Concealed damage allows for the discovery of loss or damage up to 15 days after final delivery. The loss is deemed to have possibly occurred during the insured transit. Discovery of loss or damage occurring 16 days or later after final delivery is deemed to have occurred while the shipment was NOT in transit, and therefore, is not covered.
In case of loss or damage to the covered parcel or freight, the following must be completed:
The Insured will file an immediate notice of non-delivery, damage, or shortage with VIP Barber Supply;
The recipient will take proper exceptions on the delivery receipt when any loss or damage is apparent at the time of delivery;
The Insured will complete a SHIPSURANCE claim form and provide all required documents to SHIPSURANCE and VIP Barber Supply within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days from the date of shipment. If the Carrier has liability and their remittance (Carrier’s claim check and stub) or response has not been received by the Insured within the 120-day timeframe, all other claim paperwork must be received by SHIPSURANCE within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days from the date of shipment.
A complete claim submission must include a SHIPSURANCE claim form, a copy of the carrier's tracer form, a copy of the invoice or recent appraisal, photos of damaged goods and packaging, a repair estimate, a claim statement signed by the recipient (or intended recipient), and any other documentation requested by VIP Barber Supply. Failure to complete the claim form and follow all claim instructions could lead to the non-settlement of a claim.
If the shipment is sent by the United States Postal Service (USPS) or consolidators, complete claims must be submitted and received by SHIPSURANCE within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days of the shipment date. If the claim is for loss the Insured must wait twenty (20) calendar days (Domestic shipments) or 40 calendar days (International shipments) before filing a claim with SHIPSURANCE.
Any damage to parcel or freight that was not repaired must be made available to us or SHIPSURANCE, if requested.
This program is excess coverage if there is other insurance coverage. After the other insurance has paid up to its limit, our program will provide coverage up to its limit, but not exceeding the remainder of the loss.
SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION SERVICE
Packages with a value of $150.00 or more could be sent with the direct or adult Signature Confirmation Service provided by the Carrier (must be signed for at delivery). This service is available by most Carriers.
VIP Barber Supply reserves the right to disallow any user to purchase SHIPPING INSURANCE at any time.
In the event a claim payment is made to an Insured and VIP Barber Supply subsequently determines that the insured package was delivered thereby resulting in no loss to the Insured, then the Insured agrees to promptly reimburse VIP Barber Supply for the amount of the claim payment upon demand by VIP Barber Supply.